View Single Post
Old 10-24-2006, 05:33 PM
Administrator

Default Southern California Sports Club in the 1970s

Posted By: Mark Macrae

I remember going to the Labor Day shows at (I believe) the Quality Inn in Anaheim. The ballroom was on the second floor. Although there were only 75 or so tables you could spend a few days there. Goodwin Goldfaden was set up just to the right of the entrance, Dave Mathews was in the far right corner, John Spalding off to the left & Will Davis with his table of '64 Giants dead ahead in front of you. I seem to recall Tony Galovich was along the back aisle near a window (Tony, you've been out of circulation for so long , I thought someone pushed you out that window)........ Barry there wasn't much of the exotic stuff on display. Most of those types of transactions were discreetly handled before the show started.... During that period there were great shows here in the Bay Area, especially at Acalanes High School in Lafayette. My vintage fix and available budget at the time were taken care of at our shows. Material is much more readily available today, albeit at slighter higher (100-200 times) price....