View Single Post
Old 10-24-2006, 07:15 PM
Administrator

Default Southern California Sports Club in the 1970s

Posted By: Leon

I would politely disagree a little bit. I think there are still many good finds hidden away in attics, old sheds, inside walls, etc.....Look what has come out in the last 3-4 yrs. I sort of like the SGC graded '14 CJ set last year. A 96- Mint Jackson....doesn't get too much better than that!! Look at what Dave Levin has found in the last few years, the Ruth cards coming up in REA...the great stuff Mastro always has that's new to the hobby......and many others....even I had a little find that was fairly significant. I do think they're still more out there. These "finds" will be harder for dealers to acquire with the accessability of technology though. I would think most Americans have at least heard of that little company "Ebay". Anyone can hop on there and search for an old baseball card, find dealers, auction houses get contact info etc.. and go from there. I strongly believe there will be significant finds for the next several years....We shall see....btw, I agree that a lot of the marque cards have been around for years I just think there will be many more...kind regards