View Single Post
Old 08-16-2023, 06:55 PM

Default any 70s Kellogg’s experts?

so I have started working on the “master sets” for the early kelloggs cards (i know…there is something wrong with me).

i have a couple of questions about the typical variations found in these early years, especially from 70-74.

(1) were all variations and error/corrected versions available in both cereal packages and mail-in sets? meaning early in the season could i pull an error or variation and later pull the corrected? and did they do multiple print runs for the mail-in complete sets so some sets had all the errors, some corrected

(2) many of the “errors” were statistical. literally one number off. error would have “450 at bats”. corrected would be “451 at bats”. those are not calculation errors or glaring mistakes…seems on purpose like someone just adding or subtracting a number. Is the consensus that those “errors” were done to create something for kids to chase back in the day? seems like these sets really pre-date the variation chasing of the 80s, but maybe not.

thanks in advance if any one has some intel. i’ve really started to dig these sets…and they really aren’t THAT easy to find i too condition…especially the ‘71 which can be a beast