View Single Post
Old 07-09-2005, 10:02 PM
Administrator

Default auction turnaround

Posted By: DJ

You have to admire the 'gamble' in Scott as Scott is comfortable enough to take risks and purchase items from National glossed catalogs with the idea that his pied piper following will bid on them.

Why does Scott get $800 for an item and Lelands, a big three auction company command less? If I had the Chesbro photo and I put it on eBay, I doubt I'd get half of what Scott got for it.

Scott MAKES eBay work and Scott has the following. He has tremendous success week in and week out and who cares how he does it, he gives us what we want. He's not screwing anyone. It's a simple formula:

Scott does a lot of business with Lelands and may get a 'Credit Break' (If you have this kind of success or this kind of bank, you too can get credit breaks!). Whether or not he gets some kind of break doesn't effect me so I don't care.

He buys something for 600, places a reserve of 500 (which blows some minds) and gets 800+ and makes a profit. What's the problem?

He gets Quality merchandise. If he loses $100 on this piece, who cares! He makes it up somewhere else. He sells glossy catalog like material EVERY week. Where else can you get such consistency? His auctions NEVER take a vacation! Is there a sports memorabilia / card dealer that does what Scott does?

This thread is insane. I don't get it.

DJ