View Single Post
Old 08-27-2014, 02:47 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Simulated 72-card sheet depicting SOVEREIGN "apple green" press run

American Lithographic introduced the 350/460 series in the printing of the SOVEREIGN "apple green" cards during 1910. This series comprise of 66 subjects.

Depicted here is my simulated 72-card sheet (6 rows of 12 cards) of this series. I don't think same-name cards of any of these 60 subjects with SOVEREIGN
backs (not including 6 super-prints) have been reported; therefore, I tend to think that this 72-card format simulates a representative press run. If a same-
name card of any of these 60 surfaces, then it would suggest that a 144-card sheet (12 x 12 format) was printed.

Note
The 6 super-print cards are shown Double-Printed (D-P) on this sheet. Several large T206 surveys have indicated that these 6 super-print subjects were D-P
relative to the other 60 subjects on this sheet.

v................................................. ....... Six super-prints ............................................v

TED Z
__________________________________________________ ___________________________________
LOOKING for this T206 guy to complete my EXCLUSIVE 12 red HINDU sub-set (12 subjects)

SHECKARD (glove)