View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 04:50 PM
Chris.tian Aug.ustus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibuysportsephemera View Post
No one is blaming the victim, but when you admit that you weren't sure if it was real going in, you did not get hosed and ripped off! You took a shot and made a mistake.

I don't know how anyone could think that a 25k autograph could be had for $175 on line (no offense to the OP). If the auction house was legitimate they would never let an authentic autograph go for that price or even 10x that price. There is a big difference between trying to get a great deal and a deal that is improbable.

Jeff
He didnt say that he didnt know it was real going in. He said that he did research on the authenticator and it "seemed legitimate".

We all know now in hindsight that Justin Priddy is NOT legitimate, but that wasn't uncovered by OP.

I see folks all the time put ludicrously low bids on things at auction...they must do it for a reason. Sometimes things get passed over and they score something for less than its worth. I think theres a thread on the first page of the homepage here about "scores" like this. People seem to celebrate these fortunate occasions.

This also wasn't some dude taking advantage of someone's grandmother either. It was an authenticated item bought at auction.

The OP didn't ask for sympathy, but if he did, he would deserve it. He got screwed out of $175 by a con artist authenticator and a suspect auction house.

Christian Augustus