Thread: April Pickups
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2016, 12:03 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason.1969 View Post
Here is a non-card addition that I'm thrilled with. As background, I am planning an entire sports memorabilia room when I move into a new house--Hank Aaron museum, Brooklyn Dodgers collection, Top 100, etc.

Those of you with special ladies in your life can imagine that such rooms are often met with a tinge of resentment, at least in certain situations. ("If your parents need to stay in our Hall of Fame, just make sure they don't touch anything or open the shades.")

Well, this pickup for one of the walls will soften the blow. The key here is that my girlfriend believes she is related to former MLB ump Lou Jorda, on the right of the pic. As a side note, I was astounded at the nice condition this was in. And the white vertical lines aren't creases but Norman Rockwell's version of swift rainfall.

That's my favorite Norman Rockwell painting - I have a framed print hanging just a few feet away as I type this and was awed by seeing the original in Cooperstown in '99!!

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente