View Single Post
Old 12-05-2014, 05:40 PM

I assume this is a joke.

No one in their right mind should trade a 52 Mantle in ANY condition for a Munson RC in ANY condition (I don't care if it's a PSA 11). You can pick up a nice Munson RC for under $25 (not pristine, but nice enough for 99% of America's population). You can't pick up a rag of a 52 Mantle for less than $1,500.

The fact that some even think this is a serious question ... just shows how silly this hobby is about condition. (And "silly" is as generous as I can get.)

Got to give PSA credit though. They created a serious delusion by convincing collectors that they need PSA 7, 8, 9, 10 cards ... when if there had never been any grading company at all ... no collector would have EVER paid over $200 for a Munson rookie in any condition.

But the speculators out there always figure there is a greater fool out there to take the PSA 10 card off their hands. And the PSA cards are the only way card dealers can make a profit. So both groups pimp this delusion. Sadly, when that market busts (and it will), it will bust HUGE. And the collectors (not dealers or speculators) will be out 90% or more.