View Single Post
Old 12-07-2014, 06:08 AM
Lou Simcoe
L0u Sim.coe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donscards View Post
Dennis I know it sounds fishy to me also First I would have him mail me the cards first and then check with psa on the serial numbers etc (to make sure the right card is in the case)---Time will tell, I will be talking to him on the phone today. It is crazy but 20K plus is better than 11-12K----I love the Mantle, but again big difference in the money. Don
The difference may be money, but that's assuming that someone will buy those cards at those prices if you are looking to sell. That Mantle will always be in play if you need to sell it. If I EVER want a Rice or Montana rookie card, and if I want a graded example, I'll find an 8 or 8.5. Otherwise, I'll look for an ungraded card that looks just as nice for a fraction of the price. Maybe it's me, but I don't see the dilemma here. Everyone of us that has posted a comment has said keep the Mantle. Don, do you run a card business or are you a collector? If you run a sports card business, I hope you have buyers for the football cards if you make the trade. Otherwise, you may sit on those cards a while. We're all going to have an opinion Don, but you need to do what works best for you. Do you see the next offer coming? It will be PSA 10 basketball cards.......