View Single Post
Old 04-09-2018, 07:51 AM

Default Discussion re E Cards -- Opinions Needed

I love T206s. I love the "monstrosity" of the set, I love the players and the poses, and most of all, I love the various back advertisements. But, as much as I love T206s, and can include by extension T213, T214, and T215s, I collect other prewar cards; actually, I collect certain prewar players, and thus, collect other, non-T206 prewar cards. Lately, I have jumped headfirst into Mr. Honus Wagner Cards, which has me buying things like post cards, confectionary cards and E cards (because obviously there are few T cards of Wags). Which brings me to the point of this thread.

Below I list a number of questions. While I would appreciate feedback on each, please feel free to respond to one or two inquiries only.

1. How desirable are E cards today compared to (a) T206, (b) other T cards, and (c) compared to their desirability a decade ago?

2. It appears that the value of E cards are down substantially since 2006-2008. Is this accurate, and if so (a) why?, and (b) do you feel they have bottomed out (and will rise) or is their fall in value to continue?

3. Do you care about the various back variations on the cards, or is it all about the front pose; take for example E90, E92, E101, E102, E105 (maybe E106), etc., which all have the same fronts but many different backs, and would you pay up for a scarce front/back combo (like a Wagner blue crofts candy or a crofts cocoa)?

4. Would you agree that the E92/E101 (those listed above) front poses are more desirable than other candy/caramel issues, like E91 E93, E94, E95, E98, etc?

5. Related to question 4 -- what is the "T206" of E cards?

Thanks and cant wait to read the responses

Last edited by Rhotchkiss; 04-09-2018 at 09:03 AM. Reason: Removed E103 from question 4