View Single Post
Old 09-14-2017, 10:36 PM
Kyle May

WHAT. A. GAME!

My dad and I sat in the upper deck, down the first base line facing directly down the third base line. Playoff atmosphere. Great crowd. After the 8th inning ended in disappointment, we decided to head down to the Home Run Porch to be near the exit in case the 9th ended with a similar result. 2 outs, and down to our last strike, Lindor hits that game-tying RBI double and we were all going freaking nuts. There was a stampede when the 9th ended - half the people were running back to their seats, while the other half bolted for the bathrooms. We ran back up to our seats in the upper deck and watched the 10th from there. Jose Ramirez's hustle on the leadoff double will fly under the radar, but he set the tone for the inning. Edwin Encarnacion worked an 0-2 count I believe into a full count, eventually taking 1B on a walk. Then Jay Bruce came up. He had an opportunity in the 8th to deliver a game-tying or even go-ahead hit, and blew it. He took a pitch or two, then it happened. A game winning RBI double down the right field line. Before he hit it, I had a feeling of joy come over me. I cracked a huge smile and knew something special was going to happen, and damnit it sure did. 22 wins in a row. 22 WINS IN A ROW! It is arguably the MLB record for consecutive wins.

Oh, and just for $#@% and gigs, the seats I bought were seats 22 and 23. I sat in seat 22. Meant to be. Such an incredible night. Glad I got to experience it with my dad.

Fun fact: the Royals lost to the A's in '02 on a walk off. The A's set the AL record with that victory. The Royals lost tonight to the Indians on a walk off, setting the arguable MLB record.

- Hall of Famers
Progress: 318/340 (93.53%)

- Grover Hartley PC
Needs: T207 Anonymous Factory 25 Back, 1914 New York Evening Sun Supplements, 1917 D328 Weil Baking Co., and (possibly) 1917 Merchant's Bakery

- Jim Thome PC

- Cleveland Indians Franchise Hall of Fame