View Single Post
Old 05-13-2018, 01:20 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpeck100 View Post
What gets lost in the shuffle is some collectors like 10's because many are incredibly aesthetically pleasing to the eye with no wear and perfect centering.

I like them for numerous reasons. I love to collect nice looking cards, they are dramatically better than any other grade for investment purposes, I have active registry sets, I like to uncover raw cards that are beautiful, I can say I have the only copy or one of just a few copies to ever grade that high, huge bank for your buck if you submit them yourself, and on and on.
I agree with you on the investment, no question. Where we disagree is whether in terms of the actual card, there is a clear differentiation between a 9 and a 10. From what I have seen in decades of doing this, frequently not. Many many 10s are bumped 9s.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.