Thread: Shipping?
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2017, 01:04 PM
Bob Davies

Quote:
Originally Posted by megalimey View Post
I use Ebay Global shipping for international and only ebay global shipping
hundred of successful Global shipping transactions .
If not for ebay global I would not even offer international shipping , due the major hassle it can be.
Some International buyers complain about the charges and then ask me to ship it by other means , but there is always a caveat , that being I lie on the customs forms as to its true value or what the contents are , or just put some stamps on it and mail it with no declaration . The buyer saves money with zero risk , because if it gets held in customs,lost or not delivered Ebay will give the buyer their full money back plus the shipping cost , How doing that makes any sense for the seller as good business is beyond me , so if it means losing those customers so be it ,
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
Most of those sellers don't care, as they wouldn't ship to Canada without it. During the "hay day" of Ebay, I can't tell you how many packages that got shipped to Canada were "lost". It was enough to make me realize shipping to Canada was a money losing proposition.
Both of these comments are fair enough. I guess I always believe in integrity, and your word is your word; karma is a b*tch too.

Anyone asking you to lie about the value would be the same person who then tells you the package never showed up. I've ordered hundreds of items from eBay and major auction houses from the US, and I can think of one $150 item that never showed up. However, I did order some cards from 1911 from a major US auction house, over $1000 total, and I came home one night after work and they were sitting on my front porch, in plain view. I got lucky there.

As for you saying sellers don't care, that is fair too. Sellers certainly have the right to choose their potential market as they see fit for their business. My point was wondering if American sellers actually know what eBay's GSP charges, and that it could impact a potential customer. I think you are telling me you are aware of it, but it's not worth the hassle to do something else.

Got it, question answered. Thanks all...

Last edited by Stampsfan; 09-19-2017 at 01:05 PM.