View Single Post
Old 09-03-2014, 07:35 PM

Default 1951 All Star Pennant

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
Great post Adam... the quirks of ebay never cease, I suppose. Why the far rarer (and better condition) one sold for less is a mystery.

In retrospect, someone got a great buy on that one. It will be a long time before that version turns up again... unless, of course the winner flips it into a Catalog Auction. I'm kinda hoping he does!

I'm always curious about these All Star Game Pennants.... I think the rarer ones may have been sold only at the game itself, whereas the more commonly seen ones might have been sold at the stadiums for a prolonged period (or perhaps the entire second half of the season). Just thinking out loud
Mark -
I agree with you that the blue pennant is a rarer version and looks to have very nice graphics.
As far as condition: If you take a good look at the back of the pennant it appears to have a dark stain on the top right side, torn top corner in the spine area, a stain on the lower middle as well as the torn bottom tassells. Also no clear photo of the tip.
As we know each buyer has their own reasons for the purchases they make and how much they are willing to pay.
Jerry