View Single Post
Old 01-03-2019, 11:17 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

"How about if those non compete contracts were paid for with compensation in order to be able to be upheld?"

Doesn't matter in Cali: the contract is illegal regardless of whether you paid or got paid to enter into it. Texas, I have no idea.

But I digress.

Unfortunately, as is apparent in the threads on Blowout (and indeed in much of public life today), even in the face of hard evidence there is a segment of the population that will cling to false ideas; whether out of greed, stupidity or other reasons, who can say? It is only made worse in this hobby by the long history of wrong grades and wrong conclusions by TPGs. After all, if they got the grade wrong, authenticated a fake or pre-print, etc., then maybe there is a chance they got this one right despite the pre- and post-operative images. Or maybe the scanner caused the card to look trimmed or damaged. Or maybe a flying monkey spirited the card away to Oz and magically transformed it into a ten. All are equally likely...denial is not just a river in Egypt.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 01-03-2019 at 11:23 AM.