View Single Post
Old 04-20-2012, 10:17 PM
Shale Levine

Maybe age (I am 63) and the fact that I have loved baseball since 1955 has given me tolerance. I still have great memories of Pete Rose playing harder than anyone to set a hit record and win games. He belongs in the HOF and I do have his autograph. As far as the steroid era I remember the excitement that McGuire and Sosa gave not to me from only watching them on their quest but through the voices of the broadcasters who loved them and now refuse to acknowledge they knew along with everyone else that these guys were juicing. I find it repulsive that my tax dollars are being used to prosecute and persecute, Bonds, CLemens and all the other great players we brought our kids to see.
Wake up, we are fans not judges. Mantle was an alcoholic as attest to his early death, Cobb was mean to a core, Ruth had no guidelines and I love Baseball for all it's good and all it's bad.
I do have autographs of Bonds, Mcgwire, Sosa, Clemens and more and I cherish them as much as any of the over 150 autographs I have.

Last edited by toyman55; 04-20-2012 at 10:19 PM.