View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013, 11:42 PM
John Otto
J0hn Ot.to

Default Is this a legit variation??

Ok...I am NEVER lucky enough to get a legit variation/error/whatever in my entire card collecting career. I did pull both 79 Topps Bump Wills out of waxpacks as a 9 year old (very exciting then, haha) and I was able to nail about every Ripken variation in my 89 Fleers when I was buying packs by the case, but who didn't...

So tonight I was scanning through Ebay looking for any good deals on 1955 Topps in my latest quest and came across this -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1955-TOPPS-1...item3cd2e7d2c1

I do not collect variations (yet) for my sets although I do have a 69 Topps Dalrymple only because the variation is a cooler card than the head shot normal card. BUT...I do like to know all these things so when I get my 61s I know enough to look for green in the ball. I had no idea though there was any variations at all in the 55s, and after seeing this, I came up pretty much empty in Google searches. I then went to check my #137 Harry Elliot and sure enough, I have one of the described variations. I then checked EVERY #137 on Ebay that had a back scan and EVERY card had the full 1953. SO...is this something special I have here? Is the Ebay listing one of those overblown garbage listings? ANY help here would be appreciated...and I still am pretty 100% confident I have nothing as nothing cool ever happens to me...

1963 Fleer - 1981-90 Fleer/Donruss/Score/Leaf Complete
1953 - 1990 Topps/Bowman Complete
1953-55 Dormand SGC COMPLETE SGC AVG Score - 4.03