View Single Post
Old 01-22-2015, 01:09 PM
Barry Sloate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bieg View Post
Are there T202 Hassan Triple Folder experts here also?

My favorites are her T202s and they ALL are like this one below;

Attachment 176239

Would this be the top grade in this series? Am I correct in assuming that they ALL were folded when they were in the pack of cigarettes or did these only come if you bought a carton and ones that have never been folded would be "mint"?
Yes Bieg, triplefolders are found only with the two folds between the end and center panels. But over time the folds will weaken and this will be apparent to the eye. That Cobb is gorgeous. Grading is tricky and is tough enough to do in person, but nearly impossible from a scan. It looks NRBMT or better (7 or 8), but the pros might feel otherwise.

I understand your wife's choice not to grade them, and that is fine. But you do not have to worry about letting the cards out of your sight. If you use any of the top companies, they won't steal them or switch them out. They will do it right. But you are correct any auction company will do it for you.

To answer a different questions, T206 was issued in series, and the 350's appeared before the 460's. I am not sure why there are both frame and no frame American Beauties, but I'm sure somebody here knows more than I do.