View Single Post
Old 04-25-2019, 05:57 PM
J0hn Collin$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
There's always the toploader and sleeve or cardsaver option particularly for inexpensive cards. I've even broken some out because I didn't like the look or the sliding.
Toploaders suit me fine for expensive cards as well. (Just to note, I consider anything more than about $100 an "expensive" card). They make pre-'57 size vintage toploaders and penny sleeves too. Never had a problem with one and they are easy to store and transport.

On another note since I ressurected this thread, when I got home this evening I decided to liberate my 2 remaning PSA slabs that presented an "unacceptable" sliding problem, in my judgment. The cards in question were a PSA 5 '61 Mantle AS, and a PSA 8 '72 Steve Carlton Traded. The Carlton slab opened up as if it were sealed yesterday with a glue stick and the top came right up in one piece. Easy peasy. Then what do you think happened with the Mantle? Of course that slab (they were the same generation slab, go figure) fought as if it had been welded together decades ago and cracked and split in many more places - nearly giving me a coronary before it finally yielded the card - yes, unscathed and no worse for the struggle. The 2 newly liberated cards are now resting comfortably in their penny sleeves and toploaders.

Last edited by jchcollins; 04-25-2019 at 06:01 PM.