View Single Post
Old 04-11-2017, 05:27 AM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmee View Post
http://www.psacard.com/smrpriceguide...te-border/1055

Cards with a pinhole should automatically grade a Poor 1 from PSA. Maybe a 1.5 from SGC.
I would think any card you think is VG or better or a Hall of Famer is worth grading. That's a great start to a collection!

You're the man. You're of of the guys who's helped me a lot here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat R View Post
Hi Stephen,

If you're eventually looking to sell, the Hall of famers and the Lundgren would
be the only ones that would be worth grading as far as getting a return on
the grading fees.

I think you have the Tinker (Hands on Knees) and Bat on shoulder back scans
mixed up.

Thanks. Ugh!! Crap you're right they are mixed up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
Yeah, what Pat said. T206 are pretty easy to figure out values for. Just look at completed sales on ebay. You have a lot of $15-35 commons and some $60-$200 HOFers. The Chance yellow and Brown OM look pretty nice. Definitely grade those (unless you only have a few cards to send in and the costs will add up to like $35 each)
Appreciate the feedback!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmee View Post
Look at the back of #10: it is a factory "overprint" back because there is an additional bar with circular swirls that is covering up the previous factory information. Then the new factory was printed below the frame. Some collectors who are going for complete back runs would value these a little more highly. Don't sleep on the factory numbers or series (150, 350, 460) because these variations are what a lot of T206 fans love collecting, and will pay a premium for.
Since I usually pay about $7/card for bulk submission grading, that's why I recommended grading cards at VG condition or better. If you pay more to have yours graded, maybe just go for VG/EX or EX commons.
You might have to school me more on these when you have time.