View Single Post
Old 04-15-2018, 03:12 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricktmd View Post
To Barry's point here. The Green Cobb and Bat On have nearly the same population on the PSA pop report. Two factors here . One is the popularity of the Green Cobb. Just a typical supply and demand curve. While no more rare than Bat On the popularity (demand) has increased the value. Second and more to Barry's point is several people are buying the Green Cobb's paying what they have to and then holding/hording or reselling at a substantial profit . There were dealers at the 2017 National with as many as 20 Green Cobb's who admit to buying all the Green Cobb's they can find. All Cobb T206's are up big though. I purchased a Red Portrait in a 2.5 with a PB back 2 years ago for 800.00. Now a PSA 2.5 goes for 2k or more
I guess like the 52 Mantles, there is a nice supply of them and good demand so is it's a great card to build a market around. Hard to get excited about a one of seven card that no one ever sees if your goal is a quick buck.

And what's with the photo of Ruth and his Dad behind the bar? Was there a law passed somewhere that every major auction now has to have one of these. The first 4 or 5 times I saw one was kind of interesting but now just seems like a hot potato people buy and quickly pass to someone else.

Last edited by Snapolit1; 04-15-2018 at 03:12 PM.