View Single Post
Old 07-03-2002, 09:29 AM
Administrator

Default I can say positive things...

Posted By: thread-efficient Runscott

I'm not mentioning any auction house names here, but I just received an invoice from one of the above-mentioned auctions that I have had two favorable transactions with in the past. Shipping and insurance for my $75 wins is $20.75. One item is 18 x 14 dry-mounted and matted photo, the other is a same size or smaller newspaper premium. I questioned the s&ins and got the following reply:

"The shipping is as such because of the enormous (relative) size of the items you won. They have to be carefully packed (which can take over an hour) and a suitable package has to be found and/or constructed."

I'm not mentioning names because perhaps this is completely fair and I am just too nice a guy when it comes to shipping and insurance for items I sell. But if I ever asked someone to pay $20.75 for a $75 auction, I am almost positive they would never do business with me again, and I have assured the seller that such is the case here.

I also would like to say that I am very pleased with the results of the CollectibleClassics auction - best customer service of any I've dealt with and the item selection was also very interesting.