View Single Post
Old 03-13-2017, 11:26 AM
Greg Z@y@tz

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
I buy stuff at garage sales all the time for a buck or two that routinely sell for $100+. I feel no obligation to educate sellers. I've spent decades learning the values of items. I can tell you which Atari 2600 cartridges are rare, I can tell you which vintage Newsweek and Time magazines are in demand, I can tell you which vintage Star Wars figures are rare. If a seller prices his items for sale and it's a good deal I will buy it. I would never lie to someone though if they asked me what something was worth, and I hate going to garage sales where nothing is priced and the seller wants you to "make an offer".
AGREED! Coming from ANOTHER collector/flipper who put in the time to learn about "stuff"...

It becomes a chess match of sorts... Do I, on the "buyer's side" of the table, know more than the person on the "seller's side" of the table.

The seller will CERTAINLY NOT prevent me from paying too much for something at their sale. Therefore, is it my responsibility to tell them that they have under-priced something???

I think not...

You priced it and I am willing to pay your price. However, I will NOT haggle price over something that is clearly already a bargain.