View Single Post
Old 10-07-2015, 11:08 AM
Chris

1) Do you guys consider these mainstream?
- I do not consider these mainstream as they were not issued like most cards. My understanding is they were sold in machines and not companion pieces to another item like gum or cookies.
2) Do you even consider them baseball cards? Or more postcards?
- I do not consider them baseball cards but rather postcards. The only reason for this distinction is that, for the player I collect, I try to get all of his card. There are a handful of Exhibit variations that are prohibitively expensive at this point, so considering them postcards alleviates the need to get them all, at least in my circular way of thinking.
3) Are the Statistics Back Exhibits more desirable, in your opinion? (I think the Maris is sweet, tried to bid on one but it went way over my max bid)
- I don't know if they are more desirable, but my personal experience has been that they are more expensive, likely because they were produced in a more limited capacity. If you are going for all Exhibit variations from a single player, than I could see the need to get the stat backs, but if you just want one of each player, etc., I don't see any meaningful distinction between the two types.