View Single Post
Old 03-04-2018, 05:17 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
I never thought I'd see the day but Global is cheaper than these 2, anyways.

Personally, I have never seen an increase with shipping fees the higher the price of a card goes.
We are not talking about $1000.00 dollar + cards here, usually ones well under $2-$300 hundred dollars.

They are estimating what the card might go for when they list the shipping fees. Ebay doesn't allow you to revise your item to fiddle your stated fee once it has a bid on it.

Global shipping program may be different. I don't use it, but It's possible Ebay calculates VAT and other taxes into the fee when calculating and may take the next price bid up when listing that shipping cost.

If there is a stated shipping fee, nobody makes money on Ebay gouging on shipping (except for maybe Ebay). Ebay takes a bigger cut of the shipping fee then they do for the actual item, for most bigger sellers, not even mentioning the cut Paypal takes.

International shipping charges and the ramifications of lost packages to those sellers have been escalating out of control the last several years. With the coming trade war, it's not going to get any better.