View Single Post
Old 03-11-2018, 11:21 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Help with this Ruth photo

I received an email from a person asking for help with this photo. Here is the email I received. I questioned it being Ruth but she is adamant. It resembles him but I haven't seen him have a slumping stance like that before. A follow up question was answered with the emblem on Ruth's jersey being a buffalo. Any help will be appreciated.

My name is Lisa R(....)I have an old photo of Babe Ruth that belonged to my grandmother. I was wondering if you might be able to tell me more about it. I've been looking through his photos for quite a long while and have not even found the farming team logo anywhere. The first black man playing ball is in the background as well as Bill summers and Charles Philippe. Interested to see if it might be worth something. My great grandmother used to cook for the Yankees on Sundays, not sure quiet how old it might be, and possibly might be an original,my grandmother was born in 1919 and I found it amongst her scrap book pages. If you might be able to help me or point me to someone who might, it would mean a lot to me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1207161232.jpg (73.6 KB, 184 views)
File Type: jpg 1207161234b.jpg (77.7 KB, 183 views)