View Single Post
Old 05-11-2020, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidethewrapper View Post
How many modern cards are worth sending in if it costs $ 20 for the economy for each card + all the shipping costs and insurance costs and then waiting months ? Then it must get a "10" or you lose money don't you ?
Not at all. And this is just one example of literally hundreds at the moment.

Let's take the 2018 Topps Update Gleyber Torres RC. Raw copies sell for 10-20 bucks typically, give or take a few bucks depending on some variables.

Get a small stack of those, combine them with some Luka Doncic Prizm rookies from 2018-19. Pay 20 bucks a pop, and even with a bad eye, say you run into a 70% gem rate, if you're inclined to sell you're still making money hand-over-fist on the 10s and likely coming darn close to breaking even, if not making a few bucks on the 9s.

And 10 times more so if you were picking these up at release when Lukas were 15-20 bucks a pop and 9s are now selling for 150ish.

I could give this same example with at least a dozen guys off the top of my head right now.

To answer your actual question though, to save on shipping/insurance per card I typically don't send anything until I have a stack of 30+ so maybe you're onto something, ha.