View Single Post
Old 02-16-2015, 01:08 PM
Bill Gregory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew80 View Post
+1 on '87 Topps, an all-time fav, and my 1st year collecting.

Curious, what's up with the Burks obsession?
Matthew, I have about 4,000 1987 Topps. I just loved that set. The return of the Topps Rookie Team with the trophy cards was awesome. Of course, being a Brewers fan, it figures that the one rookie on the team without the trophy, shortstop Dale Sveum, would come from Milwaukee, lol. I saw his three home run game. He just missed hitting 4. That was his only real power season. He's a good hitting coach, though.

But what a rookie team, huh? Jose Canseco, Wally Joyner, Danny Tartabull, Cory Snyder, Pete Incaviglia. There was some real thunder in that team. I think that was the first regular series card for Barry Bonds and Mark McGwire, too. Then there was the Bo Jackson card, and the Rafael Palmeiro. Great set. I ought to build that one. Put together a real mint set.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.