View Single Post
Old 02-05-2018, 05:41 PM
Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Garner View Post
I just picked up this exceedingly rare full, unused ticket from 9/9/48 at NY Giants.
On this day, Brooklyn Dodgers fire-balling rookie hurler Rex Barney no-hit the hometown favorite NY Giants 6-0. 4 K's and 2 BB.

As background, ticket stubs from this game surface from time to time, although they are somewhat rare.
Full tickets to this game are super tough. I have seen perhaps 3 full tickets to this game enter the hobby through the years. Two of the three were in pretty beat up shape IMHO, and I passed on both.
This guy is the first really nice one that I have ever seen. I had to own it in my collection...

Many thanks to net54 board members Mike, Charles and Joe for all making sure that I saw this ticket and pointing out the auction to me.
Heads ups are always appreciated as it really does take a village to build a great collection.

It's really gratifying to have so many collector friends keeping an eye out for me & I'm eternally grateful!!
Very nice Scott! Its so nice to know that so many Net54 members have your back if we miss something! Congrats..

Trying is the first step towards failing, and failing is the first step towards success!

Life's lessons cost money Some lessons cost a lot..