View Single Post
Old 02-07-2018, 05:01 AM
Paul Herbener

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Garner View Post
I just picked up this exceedingly rare full, unused ticket from 9/9/48 at NY Giants.
On this day, Brooklyn Dodgers fire-balling rookie hurler Rex Barney no-hit the hometown favorite NY Giants 6-0. 4 K's and 2 BB.

As background, ticket stubs from this game surface from time to time, although they are somewhat rare.
Full tickets to this game are super tough. I have seen perhaps 3 full tickets to this game enter the hobby through the years. Two of the three were in pretty beat up shape IMHO, and I passed on both.
This guy is the first really nice one that I have ever seen. I had to own it in my collection...

Many thanks to net54 board members Mike, Charles and Joe for all making sure that I saw this ticket and pointing out the auction to me.
Heads ups are always appreciated as it really does take a village to build a great collection.

It's really gratifying to have so many collector friends keeping an eye out for me & I'm eternally grateful!!
Great pickup Scott! It is great to have all these Net54ers looking out for us and helping with our collections!