View Single Post
Old 07-07-2018, 06:42 PM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwfan View Post
So I went to the LCS today to try and add a few more cards to my ungraded 1962T baseball set. I didn't. But what I did get were a couple of 1956 Topps football cards. I'm now hooked on vintage football.

Here's the vintage football I picked up today

I've now got a handful of 1960 Topps and these 2 from 1956. My question is, where do I find more? I know about eBay. But I'm looking to potentially trade my baseball extras for football cards.

This place is crazy about baseball. Is there a place like this for football? A place where you can trade, buy and sell because there's not much of that here. I've even tried over at SCF without much success. As I said, I know about eBay, but I'm trying to trade off some of my baseball extras (or even modern football cards) for vintage football.

Either way, I'm hooked on football now. I love baseball and the history of that sport. But I've been watching old NFL Films footage this afternoon. Reminds me of the day I sat with Sammy Baugh with him wearing a spit stained shirt and watched some NFL Films footage, talked football and even went outside and played catch with him.
I know the feeling! I have always been a baseball collector. However, about two years ago, I "discovered" vintage football cards. I have since completed 1965 Topps Tall Boy Football, 1966 Topps football, 1969 Topps football, and am now about 65 cards shy of completing 1965 Philadelphia. What you will find is a ton of great nostalgic and attainable sets which include multiple HOFers, especially in the late 1950s and into the 1960s. Unlike the monster sized baseball sets of the 1960s, the football sets are comparatively small. This forum is full of very committed, knowledgeable, and passionate football collectors from whom I have learned a lot. If I didn't like 1950s and 1960s baseball so much, I could almost just collect football. The thing I am having trouble with is balancing the two sports. As a set collector, I want it all and am having trouble balancing my wants. My football progress has been slim the last few months, but I did buy a few commons for my '65 Philly set last week. Have fun with it! It is a great side of the hobby!

Last edited by vintagebaseballcardguy; 07-07-2018 at 06:45 PM.