Thread: Value Opinions
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2015, 02:06 PM
J Ryan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilsing View Post
I'm hoping I can get some opinions/advice from some autograph experts and I apologize in advance for the long post. I am mostly a card collector, but like most, have autographs and other memorabilia augmenting the overall collection, so anyway...

I have an autographed baseball (gotten in person thru the years) that includes Warren Spahn, Eddie Mathews & Red Schoendienst including inscriptions with their HOF induction year. My plan all along was to someday, when the opportunity presented itself, get Hank Aaron to go along with the Milwaukee Braves HOF theme. The opportunity presents itself next month...at the cost of $508. That was not part of the plan.

The cost seems really high. It would be quite the con job getting my wife to agree to paying that...plus in my opinion, it's just simply a staggering amount of money for an autograph. So the question is, if I decide to do it, and this isn't for resale or investment, mostly value upon my death in hopefully 40-50 years...but does a ball with those 4 HOF's on it (assuming I get the Aaron) automatically carry a value close to $1,000 the minute Hank signs it?
not really. I was always under the assumption that single signed baseballs were usually more valuable than one signed by multiple people.....depending on who signed it.

if you got the ball signed, i would recommend getting it graded, because ip/ttm autographs are looked at not as fondly as certified autographs.