View Single Post
Old 09-29-2017, 10:26 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSeven View Post
For starters, you should never trust a COA (although a fake COA is a quick way to discard an item immediately). I've seen hundreds of real Scoreboard COAs attached to phony items on eBay.

A real Scoreboard certificate will look like those in the estate sale (minus the one attached to the Mantle). Thicker paper (with a watermark I believe), nice sharp edges, not obviously photocopied, no blotchy signature (taken from an image from on the Internet), the item description not photoshoped in a different font, etc.

If the COA is fake the item is certainly fake. Don't waste your time looking at it anymore. If the COA is real then you can start to compare the autograph to exemplars, etc.
I was once offered a Babe Ruth signed ball. Came with a Scoreboard COA with Ruth's name on it .
Sometimes you wonder how stupid these people really are.
Though after a lengthy time running classified ads all over the country I realize how stupid many people really are.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow