View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 09:31 PM
Ryan Christoff

Fun draft guys. Drafting 11th of 12 definitely threw my strategy off a bit, but I'm still pretty happy with what I got. I turned some heads by taking Nelson Cruz with the 14th pick, but since I was 11th in the order, that means my next pick after 14 wasn't until the 35th pick, and couldn't risk not getting him. There are a handful of players I'm hot on for this year and Cruz is one of them. Shin-Soo Choo and Carlos Santana are two others who I think are ready for monster years and Choo went with 32nd pick, before I could nab him at 35. I just couldn't risk that happening with Cruz. Last year I took Carlos Gonzalez around the same pick I took Cruz with this year and won my league, largely due to him. I think there are a lot of "sleeper" pitchers this year as well.

I got robbed a bunch of times in this draft with my next selection being taken with the pick right before me, but I'm sure all of us had that happen a bunch.

If I had wound up with the first pick of the draft, I really would have turned some heads by taking Troy Tulowitzki, who wound up going 6th. Whoever got Tulo and Cargo, take a look at my team and let me know if I have anything that would pry either of them away from you. All players are available.

Anyway, I'd like to pay my league fees. Where can I send them? By Paypal?

-Ryan