View Single Post
Old 02-02-2015, 04:14 PM
Richard Simon

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAYankee View Post
Ingber has admittedly never been that kind of a jerk to me, although condescension is a key character trait of his. Tries to make you feel like your idiot because you won't hand over $5k for whatever he's trying to sell. Everything from JDE should be accepted. I loved this email that I got from him on Saturday morning when I wouldn't buy the Ruth ball....

I remember you told me you once got burned before on a purchase. Now I believe, unless these guys like Ruth and Gehrig either tell you they actually signed the bb, or left behind an affidavit before they died that they did so, you are not going to be comfortable. It certainly is your prerogative, but in the business we refer to it as “paralysis by analysis.”

I called it being careful or judicious.
I called it bullsh--.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow