Thread: Baseball Quotes
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 11:27 AM
Peter Spaeth

Johnny Keane, asked why he stayed with Bob Gibson in Game 7 of the World Series when he was getting shelled and on the verge of blowing a big lead: I had a commitment to his heart.

Yogi on playing left field in Yankee Stadium: It gets late early out there.

Yogi summing up his life: I never said half the things I said.

Mickey Mantle, asked by a Senate committee on his views of baseball's antirust exemption after Casey Stengel had made a typical meandering, long speech: My views are pretty much the same as Casey's.

Yogi, after Sandy Koufax, who had gone 25-5 during the season, blew away the Yankees in game 1 of the 1963 World Series: How did he lose 5?

Pete Rose, asked why on earth he was back out taking batting practice at night after going 6 for 8 in a doubleheader: They got me out twice.

Warren Spahn, interviewed after he gave up a titanic homerun to Willie Mays early in Willie's career: Gentlemen, for the first 60 feet it was a hell of a pitch.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.