View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 05:21 PM
Chuck Tapia

Heritage can call it whatever Heritige likes. Fudd calls it Shill Bidding...but I wonder if it is "legally" called shill bidding because "they tell you up front" they are shill bidding? I just like the word shill...

If I'm reading the definition right from Wikipedia it makes sense.

"A shill, plant, or stooge is a person who publicly helps a person or organization without disclosing that he has a close relationship with that person or organization. Shill typically refers to someone who purposely gives onlookers the impression that he is an enthusiastic independent customer of a seller (or marketer of ideas) for whom he is secretly working. The person or group who hires the shill is using crowd psychology, to encourage other onlookers or audience members to purchase the goods or services (or accept the ideas being marketed). Shills are often employed by professional marketing campaigns. Plant and stooge more commonly refer to any person who is secretly in league with another person or organization while pretending to be neutral or actually a part of the organization he is planted in, such as a magician's audience, a political party, or an intelligence organization"