View Single Post
Old 12-10-2003, 07:59 PM
Administrator

Default TOO STUFFY HERE - YOU WIN - STARTING MY OWN!!

Posted By: Anonymous

YOU:
Read What we Write December 9 2003, 9:39 PM

You are not reading what we write except what you feel is wrong and you are constantly corrected. This board has a wealth of knowledge that you will find no where else. I could give you a huge education on what you are trying to coney to everyone and there is probably 25 people on this board that give me an education all the time on this board. Me and my brother both live in MN and probably are 2 of the most knowledgable people in the state about vintage cards, but you know what there are not many vintage collectors in MN, if I am the most knowledgable person in the state on vintage cards does that make me any more knowledgable as a whole, NO. I read, listen and learn everyone on this board gets educated none of us know everything, but the knowledge base is huge and greatly appreciated.

This board is also read by people at SGC, Bob Lemke (SCD price Guide), Doug Allen (Mastro) and I am sure other "big" figures in the hobby that we do not know of. This speaks volume for the content of the threads and people that frequent the board.

Mike, You have created an interesting discussion, it is just that you need to stop arguing and start listening.

ME:
I am listening and learning....I don't know what I have been corrected on though, except for maybe that PSA didn't exist 20 years ago. I never stated BVG is a main contender of 19th century cards. Someone jumped on that, and everyone else agreed. I never argued that point. My point was that they are the toughest graders....and no one can argue that point...the sales statistics on ebay speak for themselves. A BVG 5 jackie robinson rookie sold for $1100.... Beckett won't gain much market share for vintage, SIMPLY because the dealers know they won't get the grade they can get with PSA.

http://www.bestbaseballcards.com