View Single Post
Old 03-24-2004, 09:19 PM
Administrator

Default This is what the postal clerk said.....

Posted By: marcus0202

I will soon enough get to the bottom of all legal issues regarding insruance of baseball cards. In December, I bought a card on ebay for $1700 and the card was insured for the same amount. Sure enough, the card was lost. The sender filed an insurance claim with his local branch. And the claim was lost too! I filed a duplicate claim and teh seller has been very cooperative, giveing me the insurance info and the receipt from filing the claim. In my case, I have no problem proving value as I had just purchased the card. If the branch offices can successfully transport either the original or duplicate claim to St. Louis (so retarded), I will be dealing directly with the USPS Claims Division. It is definitely the case that if I am not persistent with phone calls, follow-up claims, etc., I will never see a dime. By now, I am pretty P.O.'d about the whole experience and am going to latch on to the seat of their pants like an agry pit bull. By that I mean that if my claim is denied, I intend to appeal and then sue the post office (it helps that I'm an atty). If I learn anything interesting along the way, I will post it here. Thanks.