View Single Post
Old 12-17-2019, 05:17 PM

Default ramblings...

A Hall of Famer should be easily recognizable as unquestionably the top 1 or 2 players at a particular position. Y'kinow - a guy that is an all-star most every year for quite a while. Someone who is at least to some minor degree in the discussion to garner regular MVP votes. Someone when you mention their name to a casual baseball fan would reply, "oh, yeah, that guy was really really good." Most importantly, I am looking at players that was actually Famous - its called the Hall of Fame, is it not. Famous for their ultra high talents on the ballfield. Sorry to be a buzz-kill to the "on the fence" guys, but they were exactly that...on the fence guys...not HOF'ers. A player could be genuinely famous for a limited time due to other factors, but none the less truly Famous. I realize some of you are more lenient, and thats ok. But for me I want Famous, someone who raises eyebrows like Wow ! Look at it this way, as a kid collecting cards way back, when I would get a star players card, I was one very happy camper (Seaver, Ryan, Reggie, Bench, Schmidt, Carew type guys). Did y'all WooHoo do the skip dance when you got a Lou Whitaker, Ted Simmons, Harold Baines, Louie Tiant, Tommy John type card?

Last edited by Touch'EmAll; 12-17-2019 at 05:20 PM.