View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 01:22 AM
Ted Zanidakis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wite3 View Post
Actually, I recall another explanation for the lack of Shoeless Joe and other A's stars of the time on another thread from several years ago. Something about a caramel company and player rights. Can't remember the exact thread...anybody else remember this?

Joshua

Joshua

I think you are alluding to my "Plank theory" thread in 2006, when I proposed a theory to try to explain why Plank was yanked....and, certain Phila A's players
(including Joe Jackson) did not appear in the 1st series of the T206 set......http://www.net54baseball.com/showthr...y+plank+theory

More recently, I have attributed the removal of Plank from the T206 set due to the fact that he was a strong anti-tobacco guy.

Hey guys,

Regarding your linkage of T207's as an extention of the T205's....I have always suspected that the T207 cards were not produced by American Lithographic.
The printing style of the T207's is not typical of American Litho.

Furthermore, the lack of the usual T206 subjects in the T207 set makes me more suspicious that ATC contracted out this project to some other printing firm.

Anyhow, that's my thinking regarding T207's....I would be very interested in your's ?

TED Z