View Single Post
Old 08-25-2015, 08:54 AM
Joe S
J.oe Squi.res

Quote:
Originally Posted by butcher354435 View Post
There's a little bit more to the story Adam...

A guy from California had some PET cigarette cards listed on Ebay and I was interested in several of them. I contacted him directly and we exchanged several emails. I then asked if he had any other similar cards hoping for maybe a few Kopecs... When he said yes and sent me a scan of a Capitol Candy card I asked if he had others. I remember reading about this issue based on the 1912 Olympics years ago and it was speculated that a Jim Thorpe could exist. He then proceeded with sending several scans and the last scan was Jim Thorpe. We then came to an agreement on price for the group but he would only complete the transaction through a BIN on Ebay. You can't imagine how anxious I was thinking someone could hit this BIN before I do once he lists it... Anyways, I ended up with it and I still believe its the only one known to exist.
Brent
this is the only copy of this card I have (not mine), I think I got this from Adam W. a few years ago. Only one Ive ever seen. Is this yours then? Can you post a scan of yours? Great story!