View Single Post
Old 03-26-2018, 12:52 PM
Brad Francis

Here is the picture I promised. It is nicely centered with no stains, tears, holes, or paper loss. I appreciate the discussion. Thanks for all of your thoughts.

I purchased it a number of years ago ungraded from an oldtimer whom I trust and whom had owned it for 30+ years. I just had my 50th bday so I guess I am an oldtimer now too. It was perfect timing as the going price for this card in this grade has gone up, alot. I had some fun money and I thought now or never.

After hundreds of hours if inspection and consultation with alot of helpful people, measuring, close inspection of edges, color, UV light inspection etc, no alterations were found. I felt confident in it. I figured I shouldn't buy/own one, even if slabbed, without an intimate knowledge of how to spot fakes, alterations etc.

Anyway, here it is. I am reluctant to post photos of it. Shortly after I bought it, a person/dealer posted the exact same card on the front page of his website, stating "buying" and "I just bought this card for...." (The original owner sent him a photo just prior to me purchasing it.)

Yes, no big deal, I know. But it did become a big deal for me when someone questioned the validity of my story of how I aquired the card because they saw it on the dealers website. My integrity is important to me. I asked the dealer/owner of the business/website, via email, more than once to take the picture down. No reply. Hmmm.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG9786_1.jpg (71.3 KB, 134 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG9784_1.jpg (72.0 KB, 135 views)