View Single Post
Old 05-25-2016, 10:32 PM
Bill Gregory

Just finished the episode. Wow.

First of all, the Stark dire wolves are becoming in short supply. Summer is now gone. Rickon's dire wolf, Shaggydog, was shown dead a few episodes ago. We know Lady, Sansa's wolf, was killed by Ned on order of the King. And we all know what happened to Greywind, Robb's wolf. That leaves Ghost and (I think) Nymeria, though God only knows where she is. A girl has no name, but does she still have a pet? Somehow, I think she will make an appearance at a critical moment in Arya's life. The link between direwolf and master is not easily broken.

The Hodor scene was haunting. Hated seeing him, Leaf and Summer all die in rapid succession. Now my question is, how the hell does Bran get away? And I'm seeing an eerie parallel between the White Walkers and the Children of the Forrest, and the Cylons in Battlestar Galactica. Why do the Walkers hate the Children of the Forest? Why did the Cylons hate their creators?

I am liking Sansa more and more. She's really grown up. Sophie's grown into a beautiful young woman, too, hasn't she? I feel much better having Brienne with her. I also loved watching Tormund checking out Brienne, and Brienne turning away with disgust. Somebody needs to make a gif out of that.

Really good episode, overall. The high points, for me, were Daenerys and Jorah, and also seeing Theon stand up for Yara. I think the Ironborn have made a really big mistake. Yara is meant to be their queen.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.