View Single Post
Old 05-08-2017, 06:10 AM
Dave Grob

Default Steiner Auctions

Thanks for all the congratulatory comments on the Zimmerman bat. Much of the Reds stuff I picked is very targeted in helping to close gaps that the Reds Hall of Fame and Museum have.

As far as my issues with Steiner, for me it is the classic example of the ends not justifying the means. When I complained about their "horrid management of extending bidding", I was told that "Almost, if not all online auctions have a 15 minute rule. Once there are no bids for 15 minutes the auction will close, with lots all closing at the same time."

1. The justification is that everyone does it has never set well with me, in any facet of life.

2. It suggests that all applications of the "15 minute rule" are the same and that Steiner is powerless to control the application of this rule.

3. It suggests I had not read the auction rules and needed to be reminded of them.

In their (Steiner's defense), I did read the rules they posted, and I registered and bid in their auction. They did exactly what they said they would do and I got in bed with this. But just because I may have met my future wife on the Titanic, doesn't mean I need to or want to book another cruise with the White Star Line.

Dave Grob