View Single Post
Old 10-29-2018, 05:20 PM
Micah L Marshall II

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCRfan1 View Post
Micah,

I'm going to say something we already know, and that's " buy the card, not the holder ". To beat the cliche's, an item is worth what someone is willing to pay. You collect CJ, and have paid a variety of prices for similar grades of cards. Especially HoF'rs with nice eye appeal, regardless of the grade, will command a decent price. This is true of most cards of HoF'rs, or other desirable cards and issues. VCP is a nice guide for me, as are other resources, but I don't hold them to specific prices. I'm sure you already know this, and others will have something to share as well. Sounds like you have a great collection going!
Thanks Lou! You are so correct as I have been on both sides - getting caught up in the moment and way over paying and getting killer buys. I can remember one overpaying time I was at Legoland and a card I wanted was ending #32 3 Fingers Brown - I received notification from HA I was outbid without the time to do the research I simply made the next available bid - with buyers premium I paid $660 plus tax and shipping for a $500 card - lol.

In thinking about it maybe that person was in some similar situation and decided they had to have it.

I appreciate your kind words, Lou. I am looking forward to my 2 year old son (Joshua) playing ball and me being able to share stories with him about the guys in this set.

Completed 1986/87 Fleer Basketball

Completed 1935 National Chicle - 36/36

1933 Goudey - 195/240

Always looking for 1935 National Chicle Football cards or the premiums.