View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 05:15 PM
Ken McMillan

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
Problem is, that's short term thinking on Ebay's part. Letting it run rampant destroys bidder confidence, as witnessed on these boards, prices actually come down and Ebay makes less money.

All they have to do is limit retractions to something reasonable like 3 or 4 times a year, and the problem is solved...................but then they will have to field tons of calls from serial offenders "Oh, I really, really, really didn't want to bid on this item, can you please get rid of it, I know I'm over my limit"..............and Ebay doesn't want to hire the two extra phone reps they would need to deal with that.

Low overhead, high margins. That's all they really care about at this point.
Well said. The telephone reps who they do have are lazy anyway. My experience is that they do not or are not willing to do their job correctly. I have yet to call in and have any of their reps do anything to fix legitimate problems so why would they start now.