View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 11:39 AM
Belltown Vintage

ebay has changed - sellers are still trying to figure out strategies that work (I know I still am). I have gotten notes from ebayers telling me I'm a fool, my prices are high, my cards are ugly, etc., etc. So I keep trying new strategies to maximize return (sales, lowering prices, raising prices, switching fixed-price auctions to straight and vice versa). Gouging customers is not a good long-term strategy. Buying high and selling low is equally ineffective.

ebay did this to all of us - some of the guys you are insulting are the 'good guys', but I'm sure they understand your frustration and are rolling with it. I have questioned it as well (and gotten beaten here for it), so I get it.

When one of you writes the book on ebay selling strategy that allows sellers to make a reasonable profit, and you guys to get the prices you demand, please attach a pdf to this thread. You'll also need to post a link to that magic place where the sellers can pick up inventory at prices that allow them to give you your cards for those prices.

The pez dispenser days are long-gone.