View Single Post
Old 08-21-2011, 02:55 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
My take on Perry is still, overall positive. One concern with him is from watching him giving either a sermon, or a political speech (I couldn't really tell), to a revivalist type group of 30,000, on one of his stops. As much as I am a Republican by nature, that being to my deceased grandmother's chagrin (sorry grandma), I can't say I want there there to be too close of a relationship between government and politics. It was somewhat disconcerting watching him give that speech/sermon, at least to me. Again, don't get me wrong, I think religion is great for all those who want it, but keep it out of the government. Just my opinion on that one. Ron Paul might have the best ideas, and while I agree with most, a few of them are so way out there, he garners the look that a wacko might. (at least sometimes).
Huh? Keep religion out of government? What are you talking about? He had a prayer meeting at Reliant Stadium in Houston a couple of weeks ago, but what does that have to do with anything? I really don't think that was mixing religion and politics. Are you saying politicians can't be religious? That's sure what your post sounds like. If not, what exactly is your point because I don't see what is wrong with what he did?

Last edited by vintagetoppsguy; 08-21-2011 at 03:04 PM.