View Single Post
Old 11-07-2023, 06:49 AM
P.aul Orl,in

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyRuth View Post
I was always a set builder but kind of abandoned those pursuits with the recent price increases. I always bought the big cards first and just went on my merry way. Now I pursue more oddball stuff that's still reasonably priced. I still love collecting, it's just that my focus is not on 5 figure cards. Luckily over the last 30 years, I was able to complete T201, T202, T205(no hoblitzel), W517,W553,W554, 33 Goudey(W/ Lajoie), 34 Goudey, 36 Goudey, 38 Goudey, 41 Goudey, 35 Schutter Johnson, 32 US Caramel, 33 Butter Cream, 33 Delong, 33 Eclipse Import, 28 Ruth Candy, 28 Fro Joy Ruth, 21 Schapira Ruth, 51 Connie Mack All Stars, 51 Connie Mack Book, 51 Current All Stars(Need Rizzuto).

My brother mainly focused on T206 and has since completed it at 521(w/Magie)/524!!!!

We have been collecting together since we were kids and baseball cards have always been a big part of our adult lives - and now we share the same love of the hobby with our kids(my son 23, my nephew 30) by all going to shows together.

Great work! I, too am a set collector. It just feels unfinished otherwise. Of course, also collect cool and great cards. But unfinished sets gnaw at me….hard to start a new one though with prices as they are. Was thinking 38 Goudey in lesser grades is doable. I certainly am ok with paying for current vintage, but cant find a Joe D that seems worth the prices (yet). Have to start with that….there arent too many large cards in that set, so i wouldnt be adverse to building from below (commons).